LEGO Creations - Ten of Our Favorites (Gallery)
By Eric Mack
June 26, 2012
Even the most complex things in our universe start with small building blocks, and in the universe of LEGO you can take that truism literally. Between traditional LEGOs, LEGO Technic parts and some third-party LEGO-inspired projects, we've seen some truly amazing creations built up from the foundation of those little plastic blocks. Here's a visual look at ten of our favorites.
Click through the gallery for a brief tour of the LEGO-built world, from supercars to bones and organs to barrel organs. Below are just a few to whet your appetite.
This "Vampire GT" Supercar consists of almost 2,000 pieces and includes a full transmission.
This LEGO-bodied PC by Mike Schropp is a 12-core PC setup consisting of three systems in a single box made of LEGO, with its computing power being donated to medical research and humanitarian projects via IBM's World Community Grid project.
This barrel organ is constructed from 20,000 LEGO pieces and plays the Star Wars theme when manually cranked.
Ben Fogle used LEGOs to recreate the 15th-century Inca site, Machu Picchu.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide