World's largest LED screen to be built in (where else) Dubai
By Emily Clark
October 7, 2008
October 7, 2008 Dubai is set to be home to the world’s largest LED screen - a curved, 300ft+ tall monster that will be visible from a distance of just under 1 mile.
Podium will combine architecture and technology to deliver a powerful medium for advertising, messaging and art. The curved screen was designed by the LED technology experts who worked on the Argosy Casino in Illinois and the Grand Lisboa and surrounding skyline in China. The highly-reflective tinted glass will be utilized to achieve a striking visual impact, giving the massive screen a bluish glow. Aluminum panels, mullions and canopies will frame the glass components in buffed natural aluminum.
The building itself will offer 33 levels of commercial office space and two floors of retail, with additional retail stores available on the ground level and mezzanine. Each floor is approximately 10,000 square feet. A grand and spacious lobby will feature a water cascade to be delivered by the illusion of water passing through fluted glass channels. A whopping four floors will be dedicated to car parking, utilizing 51,600 square feet of space.
Tameer is showcasing the Podium project in Cityscape Dubai 2008 however no completion date for the project has been announced as yet.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide