World's first stainless steel baby bottles – safe, strong and sustainable
By Jude Garvey
September 22, 2009
Given the concerns and controversy about plastic baby bottles containing bisphenol A (BPA) and other toxins, it was only a matter of time that an alternative product was sourced to manufacture baby bottles. OrganicKidz stainless steel baby bottles are free from BPA, PVC and Phtalates and are durable, unbreakable and 100% recyclable.
The Canadian government has banned the use of BPA to manufacture baby bottles and whilst the FDA has not officially advised that parents should stop using bottles that are made from BPA-containing plastic, they do recommend that concerned parents should source other baby bottle alternatives.
OrganicKidz baby bottles are lightweight and safe to use in the dishwasher and, unlike a glass bottle, won’t break if junior throws one on the floor in a huff. They are available in three sizes – a 4 and 7oz single hulled version which can be warmed easily and a 9oz vacuum insulated bottle that keeps baby’s drink cold for up to five hours. The bottles are scratch-resistant, so they help keep bacteria at bay, and they can be used with most narrow-necked nipples. The 2oz lid is useful as a measuring cup and there’s a range of different colors and designs.
Available from Babynaturopathics, prices start at USD $19.35 (approx.) for the 4oz bottle.
- organicKidz Stainless Steel Baby Bottle
- organicKidz Wide Mouth
- 9 Oz Stainless Steel Bottle (Green Dots)
- Blue Narrow Neck Baby Bottle 9oz bottle by organicKidz
- Blue Dots Narrow Neck Baby Bottle 9oz bottle by organicKidz
- organicKidz Narrow Necked Handles
- organicKidz 2 Pack Wide Mouthed Handles
- organicKidz Narrow Necked Sippy Spout, Blue
- organicKidz 2 Pack Narrow Neck Sippy Spout, Pink
- Green Dots Narrow Neck Baby Bottle 7oz bottle by organicKidz
- Pink Dots Narrow Neck Baby Bottle 7oz bottle by organicKidz
- 9 Oz Stainless Steel Baby Bottle (Blue & Green Dots)
- organicKidz Narrow Necked Nipples
- organicKidz 2 Pack Wide Mouthed Nipples