Test drive Windows Phone 7.5 on your iPhone or Android handset
By Emily Price
November 30, 2011
Now you don't need to have a Windows Mobile phone in order to test drive Windows Phone 7.5 Mango. To let prospective customers get a tastes of the mobile OS, Microsoft has created a HTML 5-based demonstration designed specifically to be viewed using the mobile browser on the iPhone and Android handsets.
The demo is for the most part exactly the type of thing you would see on a sample unit in a store, with built-in dummy contacts, text messages, and photos you can navigate through to check out the interface. A small blue dot on the screen guides users through the demo and some of the unique features Windows Phone 7 has to offer.
The advantage of the service, of course, is that users can do all that navigation from their existing smartphone at their own pace without having to go to the store and battle other customers for some hands-on time with a Windows Phone handset, or deal with a pushy salesperson.
Windows Phone is currently trailing behind Apple and Android devices in the mobile marketplace, however, it is quickly picking up pace with more and more Windows Phone devices hitting the market. Nokia for instance, recently announced two new Windows Phone handsets, with plans to make the OS its primary focus in the smartphone market in the future.
You can check out the demo for yourself by pointing your mobile browser here.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide