Vizit - touch screen digital photo frame uses mobile network
By Mike Hanlon
January 8, 2009
January 9, 2009 Vizit is a two-way communication, fully interactive digital photo frame that enables users to send and receive digital photos over the mobile network . Announced today at CES, Vizit’s biggest strength is that a digital image can be sent directly to the frame and show up immediately – it might be a way for people to share travel experiences with friends, or family moments with loved ones – picture mail, if you like. Vizit leverages the mobile network to securely receive photos from one’s cell phone, e-mail, computer or other Internet photo management sites. Users can also send pictures from one Vizit to another Vizit, or even multiple Vizits, enabling them to build a community of friends and family who are sharing their lives from geographically disparate locations.
“Photo sharing as we know it today is broken. Digital frames have been a great step forward in viewing convenience, but there has not yet been a single product or service that lets users fully interact with their photos in a meaningful way. Isabella Products created Vizit from the ground-up to finally give consumers a way to truly interact with and experience what has so-far been a static medium,” said Matthew I. Growney, founder and CEO, Isabella Products. “No other photo display combines true two-way capabilities with an attractive, innovative design and an interface that makes it simple to use for people of any generation.”
Vizit’s 10.4” high-resolution, full-touch LCD screen displays a unique “carousel” menu, enabling users to quickly and easily send photos to other Vizits, delete photos from the frame, tag favorite photos, or order prints, albums and other photo products with just a touch. Adding to the user experience is the “Vizit Widget,” a desktop application that allows the user to upload photos to their Vizit simply by dragging and dropping them onto the widget.
As part of the overall Vizit experience, every owner will have a “Vizitme.com” website account where they can fully manage their photos online and on their frame, including editing captions, tags and slideshows, archiving photos, and inviting friends and family to share their photo albums.
Vizit can be displayed on a horizontal surface such as a coffee table or kitchen island and is wall mountable. Available in gunmetal with black or rosewood accents, and silver with white or teak accents, it measures 10.95” wide x 7.28” high x .65” deep. MSRP is expected at US$299, plus a monthly subscription. Vizit will be available spring 2009.
Key Vizit features:
* Simple set-up — plug it in, turn it on and Vizit is ready to receive and share photos. No need to upload/replace photos with new memory cards or PC or camera cables. * Real-time sharing — two-way wireless/mobile network connection lets users document and share moments, milestones and memories in real-time, with anyone, from anywhere. * Interactive display — Vizit’s large bright LCD screen features a full-touch interface with large touch targets, making interaction with images easy for users of all ages. * Social network / community building — Vizit’s online photo management platform allows users to invite new friends and family members to contribute photos by sending invites via SMS or e-mail. Friends and family that accept can begin sharing photos in seconds or even build shared albums together. * Intuitive interface — the “carousel” menu and graphic icons make Vizit easy to navigate for users of any generation. * Full-circle experience — images can be replied to, forwarded, purchased and printed from the frame with only a few “touches”; users can order professional bound photo albums and other printed items to show off their favorite photos. * Vizit Widget — a free desktop application that allows one to upload photos to user-approved Vizit devices. * Photo optimization — photos are automatically scaled for Vizit without requiring any action, making it perfect for less tech-savvy users; photos sent to the frame can be manipulated to take advantage of the size of the display, meaning there is no “black border” to detract from the image. * Photo management — built-in image tagging, easy album find/view and online storage make managing photo collections simple. * Design — created by a world-class team of consumer product designers and available in several color combinations, Vizit adds contemporary design to any décor. * Always up-to-date — software updates are automatically delivered to the device via the wireless mobile network.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide