May 13, 2009 Toy Haulers are like giant toy boxes on wheels for grown-ups looking to get away to the great outdoors with their all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), dirt bikes, bicycles, snowmobiles, jet skis, boats or any other recreational toy you can think of.
Essentially, they’re either a stretch recreational vehicle (RV) or trailer with room in the back to stow grown-up playthings. So popular have they become, the toy hauler market even has its own online magazine.
Toy haulers are divided into two main areas – living quarters with all the usual mod cons and a garage for all the big-kid outdoor toys, normally with place to store all the tools needed for maintenance.
While this basic design is consistent with all toy haulers, size, floor plan and features vary according to owners’ specific needs. Some are complete, with cabin and home/garage combined, while others are more like a 5th wheel, travel trailer or sports utility trailer, which need to hauled by another vehicle.
There are many options available to suit different needs. Here are just a few on the market:
- XLR Toy Hauler by Forest River – has an 8-foot x 12-foot cargo area and loading ramp, with slide-outs available on selected models
- Cyclone Toy Hauler Fifth Wheel by Heartland – features King-sized bed, hardwood doors, 12-foot cargo/garage area, patent-pending turning radius, diamond-plated toolbox
- Outlaw by Damon Motor Coach – includes a loft with sleeping for two above the garage, wide-bodied design and sloped roof, and spacious basement pass-through storage
- Fun Mover Toy Hauler by Four Winds – includes full kitchen and bathroom
- Outback Kargoroo by Keystone RV – incorporates a separate room with a pull-down aluminum-framed double bed
- Fun Finder XTRA by Cruiser RV – has CD/AM/FM stereo and TV, twin removable dinette tables, exterior waterproof speakers
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide