Tooth Guardian concept would let you see your teeth while you brush
By Emily Price
December 7, 2011
Going to the dentist is hardly anyone's favorite activity, but it can be hard for you to see everything that's going on with your teeth in a mirror at home while you brush.
The Tooth Guardian is a concept designed by Yu-Hsin Lin, Chu-Che Chang and Shang-Hsuan Lu, to help cut down on unwanted dentist visits by integrating a camera system into your toothbrush. The camera takes a look at your chompers while you brush, and displays an image of what it sees on your bathroom mirror - the idea is that you would see where you're missing in your daily brushing routine, or be able to catch things like cavities early.
An LED light on the brush illuminates your mouth, a micro CCD captures what's going on inside, and a UV light sterilizes your toothbrush when you're done.
The Tooth Guardian is currently just a concept, but certainly an interesting one. What do you think? Would you want to see your teeth while you brush?
Source: Yanko DesignShare
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide