March 26, 2009 Tesla has just pulled the wraps off its eagerly awaited EV sedan - the Model S - and on first impressions, it doesn't disappoint. Gizmag's Dave Weinstein has brought us these first pics from the coal-face.
With a list price of $57,400 (and with federal tax credits bringing it below the $50K mark), the Model S moves the fledgling EV company into a much broader marketplace compared with its first offering, the $109K Tesla Roadster, shifting the company away from its boutique status.
According to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, the new sedan will cover up to 160 miles on a single charge with the option of an upgraded battery pack bringing that figure to within the region of 300 miles.
The stylish Model S is expected to reach the market in 2011 - a year that's bound to be a busy one for EVs with big players like GM also striving to get their planned EVs on the road.
See the gallery for more of Dave's pics plus official photography.... and stay tuned for further updates and analysis.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide