Tactical Sammich - the snack with a two year shelf-life
May 23, 2011
The world's failure to end as predicted last weekend may have left many survival shelters overstocked, but if there's still a little space on the bunker shelf you might want to consider expanding your rations smorgasbord with the Tactical Sammich. Available in Pepperoni or BBQ Beef, the Tactical Sammiches have a claimed shelf life of over two years if maintained at 80 degrees Fahrenheit (26.7 degrees Celsius) or less.
The long-life snacks from CMMG (a company which specializes in firearms and ammo), the Sammiches pack 300 calories per serve and in case the post-apocalyptic world is a little warm, they can also be stored at 100 degrees Fahrenheit (37.8 degrees Celsius) for up to six months.
We're not sure if the taste matches the appetizing looks, and there's no guarantee that it won't taste like a two year old sandwich ... but it probably won't make you violently ill.
If Pepperoni or BBQ Beef flavors don't tickle your fancy, there are plenty of other ultra long-life food options out there for survival shelter dining or just adventures in the wilderness - canned cheeseburgers, powdered beer and even sandwiches based on MRE (Meal, Ready-to-Eat) packaging technology developed for military rations that boast a shelf-life of up to 10 years!
It's a brave individual who fronts a 10 year old sandwich. It might have been better to go down with the ship.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide