Swann launches all-in-one Wi-Fi home monitoring system
By Nick Lavars
April 16, 2014
Australian-based manufacturer of home surveillance products Swann Security has announced a new all-in-one connected monitoring system. The Wi-Fi-enabled SwannSecure system consists of a 720p day and night camera, a 7-inch monitor and a companion app for both iOS and Android devices for monitoring while on-the-go.
The aluminum camera uses a 1-megapixel CMOS sensor and features an infrared cut-off filter for a night vision distance of 50 ft (15 m). It also sports a built-in microphone to record sound, while all cabling is fed through a protective stand to prevent damage from the weather ... or vandals.
The system includes motion-triggered recording and an 8 GB MicroSD card for storage, though this can be expanded to 64 GB. A micro HDMI port allows for viewing on HD televisions or LCD monitors, while also enabling recordings to be backed up on an external hard drive.
The SwannSecure system is priced at US$380, though the camera can be purchased individually for $140. It joins other Wi-Fi-enabled home monitoring systems such as Belkin's NetCam ($130) and Piper ($239), the latter of which is capable of 1080p recording.
Product page: SwannShare
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide