STRIDA folding bike picks up speed and grows taller
June 25, 2009
One of our favorite folding bicycle designs, the unique triangular-framed STRIDA, is now available in a new model. Geared for additional speed and comfort, the limited edition STRIDA 5.0 SX has thinner, larger wheels and extended handlebars for taller riders... and it can still fold down in five seconds flat.
The larger 18” Schwalbe tires (the existing model’s are 16”) allow for faster cruising, better stability and quicker starts. The handlebars have grown out a little to create more leg room for taller drivers. Oh, and there’s now a leather seat.
Otherwise, the key features of designer Mark Sanders' innovative creation remain the same - silent, grease-free Kevlar belt rather than a chain? Check. Ability to virtually sit upright as you pedal about? Check. Certainty that people will gawp at you and your bike? Check and double check.
The STRIDA 5.0 SX Limited is available online from Areaware at USD$950.00.
- STRIDA 5.0 SX Limited specs:
- Bike Weight: 22 lbs (10 kg)
- Frame: 7000 Series Anodized Rustproof Aluminum
- Drive Train: Kevlar Greaseless Belt Drive (up to 50,000 miles)
- Wheels: Alloy 18” Rustproof (46 cm) & Schwalbe High Pressure Tires
- Brakes: Cable Disc Brakes
- Speeds: Single Speed - 60 Gear Inches
- Folded Size: 45” x 20” x 9” (114cm x 51cm x 23cm)
- Grip & Seat: Leather
- Bottom Bracket: Welded
- Weight Limit: 220 lbs (100 kg)
- Height Limit: 5’4” – 6’4” (163cm – 193cm)
Just enter your friends and your email address into the form below
For multiple addresses, separate each with a comma