Stoner wins MotoGP, Rossi puts on a display to take second
October 5, 2008
October 5, 2008 Last year's world champ Casey Stoner led from pole to clinch victory in the Australian MotoGP today, but most of the excitement lay behind him as Valentino Rossi cut a swathe through the field from his 12th-place grid position, slipping past Nicky Hayden on the final lap to finish second.
While Pedrosa, Dovizioso, De Angelis and Vermeulen all ran into trouble on lap one, Hayden stuck close behind Stoner and looked as if he might threaten his 2009 Ducati teammate until around lap 10 when he finally dropped off the Aussie’s tail.
Stoner’s victory, combined with Pedrosa’s first-lap DNF, gives the Aussie a good chance of a second-place championship finish and bodes well for 2009 - but the question remains: would he have held onto first place if it was Valentino Rossi tightening the screws and not Nicky Hayden?
See TheBikerGene for the full story and more pics.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide