Stayhold secures the junk in your trunk
By Ben Coxworth
June 12, 2013
A quick Googling will show you that there are already plenty of car trunk organizers out there. While these generally consist of several pre-formed compartments, the Stayhold is different. It’s simply a plastic mini retaining wall-like thingy, that sticks to the trunk’s carpeting using a strip of Velcro on its underside.
The idea behind the product is that you’ll load your groceries, potted plants, Ming vases or whatnot into one corner of the trunk, then stick the Stayhold onto the carpet beside them. When you subsequently swerve through turns, accelerate or brake like a maniac, your cargo will stay wedged in place instead of tumbling across the trunk.
Unlike a conventional trunk organizer, it won’t limit you to specific sizes or shapes of compartments, plus it can be very easily moved out of the way when you need your full trunk space for larger loads. One does have to wonder, however, if the Velcro will cause the carpeting to become “frizzy” after repeated uses in the same area.
The Stayhold is available now, for US$12.99. It can be seen in use in the video below.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide