Snapily3D turns your iPhone or iPad into a 3D camera
By Emily Price
December 14, 2011
The iPhone has a ton of built-in features, but one feature it doesn't have is a 3D camera - until now. Snapily3D is an iPhone app that allows you to capture 3D pictures and video with the camera on your iPhone.
The app is compatible with the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, and iPod touch 3rd generation and above, and walks you through the 3D picture-taking process through on-screen directions and prompts.
The app has face detection to make sure everyone is in the frame before capturing a photo, and takes photos that can be viewed later using stereoscopic glasses (the kind with the multicolored lenses).
For those without glasses on hand, Snapily3D also offers a "cross-eyed mode" for taking and viewing 3D photos and videos glasses-free.
Pictures and video can be instantly shared from within the app on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and YouTube.
Snapily3D is available now in the App Store for US$1.99.
If you'd rather have your 3D capabilities built-in, the LG Optimus 3D also captures 3D videos and pictures. It has a glasses-free 3D screen, however, which allows you to view those photos and videos on the phone in 3D without having to tote around a pair of stereoscopic glasses.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide