Slot Sofa makes a lot from a little space
By Dave LeClair
March 7, 2013
Multi-purpose furniture, such as the Convertible Sofa and Soleil 1,2,3 baby bed, is a great way for those living in cramped conditions to keep clutter to a minimum. A new couch concept from designer Matthew Pauk called the Slot Sofa is designed to maximize available space with a hideaway dual ottoman and coffee table.
When tucked away into the couch, the coffee table serves as a divider between each of the two seats, providing a perfect surface for a game of chess or for resting some beverages and snacks – or perhaps acting as a handy barrier between you and someone providing unwanted attention.
When pulled out, a third seat is revealed, and what was once the divider is now a coffee table with platforms either side that act as foot rests. Two cushions previously tucked under the sofa are placed on the platforms to provide a soft spot for users to put their feet up, with magnets used to stop the cloth cushions sliding off the wood surface.
While the Slot Sofa is just a concept prototype at this stage, we've contacted Matthew Pauk asking if there are any plans to take it further. We'll update the story if and when we hear back.
Source: Matthew PaukShare
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide