Scosche rolls-out new line of Lightning chargers
By Dave LeClair
February 15, 2013
One issue for those upgrading to an iPhone 5, fourth generation iPad, or iPad mini is the lack of accessories designed to work with the new Lightning connector. Scosche is looking to help rectify the situation with its new line of Lightning cables and chargers.
Scosche's new chargers include the strikeBASE wall charger, which has a 3-foot cable, and comes in both 5 W and 12 W versions. The strikeBASE also has a compact form-factor designed not to block the other outlet on your wall.
The strikeDRIVE car charger, like the strikeBASE, is available in 5W and 12W varieties and comes with a 3-foot cable. The difference, which is standard among car chargers, is the inclusion of a coiled cable.
The new line-up is rounded-off by the strikeLINE PRO. Billed as the first official retractable cable for Lightning devices, the strikeLINE PRO extends to 3 feet long.
The strikeBASE in 5 W and the strikeDRIVE in 5 W both retail for US$29.99. The 12 W version of the strikeBASE and strikeDrive both come with a retail price of $34.99, and the strikeLINE PRO will set buyers back $24.99.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide