Scosche freeKEY roll-up wireless keyboard
By Paul Ridden
May 1, 2011
Even though tablet computers are flying off the shelves at quite a pace, less-than-satisfying onscreen keyboard input can lead many to seek a more comfortable alternative. Scosche Industries has released a water-resistant, wireless solution which can be rolled-up so that, like the folding Bluetooth keyboards we've seen, it can easily be taken along for the ride.
Compatible with Windows, Android, Mac OS X and iOS operating platforms, the 12.4 x 4.44 x 0.43-inch (315 x 113 x 11 mm) freeKEY silicone keyboard has a wireless Bluetooth 2.0 range of up to 30 feet (10 meters) and once paired with a device, there should be no need to re-pair.
The keyboard surface reminds me of the kind of spongy keys you'd find on a ZX Spectrum way back when, and to its left is a rectangular block that contains the Li-ion battery, power switch and mini-USB charging port. On the top of this block, there's a connect button flanked on either side by LED status and charge indicators.
The roll-up, splash-proof freeKEY comes shipped with a retractable USB charging cable and costs US$59.99.
The inclusion of a pouch or some means to secure its rolled up state would have been a useful addition but perhaps I'm just being picky.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide