Samsung and SodaStream reveal refrigerator with sparkling water dispenser
February 19, 2013
Refrigerators have gotten some handy upgrades in recent years, with everything from Wi-Fi enabled touchscreens to blast chillers for quickly cooling a beer. Now, Samsung has partnered with SodaStream to introduce the RF31FMESBSR Four-Door Refrigerator, which comes with a built-in sparkling water dispenser for making homemade soda.
SodaStream is known mainly for producing home devices for carbonating beverages, which it markets as a way to save space and money on store-bought soda. For the RF31FMESBSR Four-Door Refrigerator, the company incorporated similar technology into the water and ice dispenser on the door.
Users can choose between three levels of carbonation and have sparkling water poured right into their cup, which can then be flavored if they prefer. A standard SodaStream 60L CO2 cylinder hidden inside the door provides the fizziness and can easily be replaced once it's empty. Additionally, the 30.5 cubic-foot (about 0.9 cubic-meter) fridge is equipped with high-efficiency LED lights to brighten every area inside, and an ice maker that can produce up to 10 lbs (4.5 kg) of ice a day.
The Samsung RF31FMESBSR Four-Door Refrigerator will be available in April at a price of US$3,899.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide