Roll-out vegie patch for the time-poor (and non-gardeners)
By Karen Sprey
August 10, 2009
From the ‘it’s so simple, why didn’t I think of that?’ file comes the… Roll-out Veg Mat. Lack of time or a green thumb is no longer an issue (or an excuse). Just roll out the pre-sown-and -fertilized corrugated cardboard seed mat, add soil and water, then sit back and enjoy the fruits – or rather, veg – of your very limited labor.
Jokes aside, designer Chris Chapman says the Veg Mat is a “simple, fun solution which could encourage families and individuals to grow their own food, saving them money and of course the environment.”
It's also a great idea for those short on garden space.
To accompany the Veg Mat Chris has also come up with the Herb Garden. The mats come sowed with four types of vegetable seeds and organic fertilizer.
A new mat can be purchased each season ensuring year-round fresh veggies.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide