Feel the burn with the Riiflex Dumbbells for Wii
By Darren Quick
February 21, 2010
Wii Fit-ness fanatics looking for a way to add a bit of weight training to their Wii cardio workout that doesn’t involve dipping a Wii-mote in gold need look no further than these Riiflex Dumbbells. The dumbbells slide over the Wii-mote and Nunchuk controller to put an extra 2-pounds (1kg) in each hand and provide some extra calorie-burning resistance while playing.
The gym-quality weights are made from tough polycarbonate, with cast-iron weights and a soft-touch rubber overmold to help reduce the chance they’ll slip out of your hand. After all, a flying Wii-mote is bad enough, let alone a weighted one. The weight allows full functionality of the Wii-mote and Nunchuk controllers and is compatible with Wii Motion Plus and many aftermarket Wii-motes.
Of course an extra 2-pounds in each hand might not sound like much, but just think how many extra calories you’d burn through in a game of tennis on Wii Sports.
The 2-pound Riiflex dumbbells are available now for US$29.99. The company also has plans to release 4-pound (1.8kg) dumbbells at some point in the future so you better get into training now.
Via Craziest Gadgets.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide