December 5, 2008 RichardSolo.com, the brainchild of founder and former CEO of The Sharper Image, Richard Thalheimer, has launched a new back-up battery designed specifically for iPhones. The pocket-sized RichardSolo 1800 has the capacity to more than double the usage time of your iPhone.
Using Apple's proprietary connector, the rechargeable 1800 battery snaps onto the phone without the need for a cable, and completely charges the iPhone in a little over an hour. It is certified "Works with iPhone" and "Made for iPod" and is compatible with all models of iPhone (including the 3G) and iPod (except for iPod shuffle). With 1800 mAh of capacity, the device has enough power to completely charge your iPhone, and have reserve power left over. It is currently the only battery available that actually "latches" onto your iPhone, and a support brace is included to make it secure.
The kit comes complete with a 110-240 volt AC Wall charger, a dual-USB car charger, and a retractable USB cable so you can charge it at the wall, in your car or from your computer. You can also charge both your battery and iPhone at the same time by connecting the RichardSolo to the iPhone, then connecting the RichardSolo to the charger, and charging both with one charger. The device also includes a built-in laser pointer and a built-in ultra bright flashlight.
The RichardSolo.com sells for USD$69.95.
Related reading: The iPow iPhone battery charger.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide