Reebok ATV 19+ shoes are ready for anything – including snickers
By Ben Coxworth
February 1, 2013
It’s no coincidence that Reebok’s goofy-looking new running shoe, the ATV 19+, shares its acronym with that of All-Terrain Vehicles. Like the wheeled and motorized ATVs, the shoes feature a wide stable stance, big lugs, and independent suspension (within each of those lugs).
Each shoe's sole has a total of 19 lugs, which are tipped with grippy carbon rubber. The idea is that the big, widely-separated lugs will be able to get down through loose dirt, sand, snow or whatnot, to the firmer ground beneath. Additionally, all of the outer lugs are beveled at a 28-degree angle, to act as stability-enhancing outriggers.
The shoes’ less eye-popping uppers feature a ballistic mesh base layer, and synthetic leather heel and toe caps. There’s no word on how much a pair weighs, which would certainly be interesting to know.
The Reebok ATV 19+ is available now in three color combinations, for US$139.98. They can be seen getting all tough and nasty in the video below.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide