Introducing the Gizmag Store

Privacy Pop bed tent provides some seclusion in shared boudoirs

February 20, 2012

The Privacy Pop provides some privacy in a zip

The Privacy Pop provides some privacy in a zip

Although we're social creatures, everyone needs a bit of privacy every now and then. This is particularly true in the bedroom, but whether it's sharing with siblings growing up or co-habitation with roommates at college, unfortunately not all have us can enjoy the luxury of our own sleeping space. While not quite in the same league as your own four walls, the Privacy Pop will provide some protection from prying eyes - but you'll still want to keep the noise down - you know, when reading.

Designed as a tent that fits around a bed, the Privacy Pop includes zippered access and windows that provide extra ventilation and light when you want it. The unit also folds down like a tent to fit in a custom carrying bag, meaning it might also appeal to travelers regularly staying in hostels. And while college-goers might find it handy for warding off the morning light after a big night out or not annoying others when working late on a laptop, it's youngsters that are likely to get the most out of the Privacy Pop.

The Privacy Pop includes zippered windows for ventilation and light

As they get older, kids love their own private space away from grown ups, be it real or imagined - just look at the continuing popularity of blanket forts. The Privacy Pop not only provides that sense of privacy, but allows parents to keep an ear out to ensure the little ones don't get up to too much trouble.

The Privacy Pop is designed to fit twin and twin XL beds and retails for US$199.95.

Source: Privacy Pop via OhGizmo!

Darren Quick Darren's love of technology started in primary school with a Nintendo Game & Watch Donkey Kong (still functioning) and a Commodore VIC 20 computer (not still functioning). In high school he upgraded to a 286 PC, and he's been following Moore's law ever since. This love of technology continued through a number of university courses and crappy jobs until 2008, when his interests found a home at Gizmag.   All articles by Darren Quick

two thoughts.

* it's tiny... never had a bed that small since I was 16

* expensive... a pop-up tent that size is much cheaper

... I think I'd rather just hang a sheet down from the ceiling.

Paul Hutchinson
21st February, 2012 @ 02:28 am PST

- just relabel it as a portable cabana , it'll sell !

Allen Lumley
21st February, 2012 @ 08:22 am PST

200 bucks for a sheet cut into holes?

u gotta be kidding me ...

atul292
21st February, 2012 @ 08:53 am PST

It is awfully expensive for what it does.

Slowburn
21st February, 2012 @ 09:29 am PST

Anyone remember the four poster bed, with curtains? Quite easy to make, using tent poles for the frame, and curtain rings (actually, as in hospitals)

windykites1
21st February, 2012 @ 11:41 am PST

If they were to put lights in it and sell it on tv (with two for one deals) they could sell them. They could also throw in a bug screen feature.

Carlos Grados
21st February, 2012 @ 02:50 pm PST

I am in college and share a room with 1 other roommate, so I decided to by a privacy pop because i needed some privacy. All i can say is this product is worth the money!! It isn't just a "sheet." the material is so nice and thick that it blocks out any light, which helps me sleep better and I am not bothered by her computer light at night. I can stay up and finish a paper in my bed because I know i wont distract her.

collegegirly
21st February, 2012 @ 03:09 pm PST

$200 is not a bad price.

Dennis Caelian
21st February, 2012 @ 09:57 pm PST

I don't think I can see how this won't result in embarrassing pics/videos.

That said, I want one. And I have my own room.

C. Walker Jr.
22nd February, 2012 @ 01:37 am PST

Depending on how well made this is - this product could be the best defense against bedbugs.

Kevin Brown
22nd February, 2012 @ 02:12 am PST

I bought one, and it is AMAZING. When my roommate comes back at 2am blacked out drunk and turns on the lights i don't get woken up! I'm also going abroad and i think it will really help when i had to stay in hostels. Its also really high quality, not a cheap China product, its made in the USA!

emm
22nd February, 2012 @ 07:12 pm PST

WAY to expensive, should be about $115

John Carman
7th March, 2012 @ 11:36 am PST

There is no way to make a tent like this on one's own, unless of course you are a designer and a seamstress. It would take me too long to make one of these. I think it's a great idea for kids. The cheaper ones are not as well made, or as nice looking. I would love one of these for my grandson.

Nancy Lee Clothier