Pod Power brings multiple outlets to electrically-challenged spaces
By Bryan Clark
November 22, 2011
There's no shortage of cord management solutions out there, but Pod Power promises to deliver a level of versatility that's over and above the norm. At its most basic Pod Power is a 15 foot (4.5 meter) long extension cord, but rather than having on outlet at the end, you get five pods at 3-foot intervals. Each pod has its own standard three-prong outlet and a keyhole for easy mounting on the wall, floor or ceiling.
The reinforced plastic pods are cylindrical with a place to wrap wire in the middle and each pod can be wrapped or unwrapped depending on usage needs. When you wind the cord around the pods you can adjust the length between pods and keep the cord out of the way. When its not in use, you can wind all of the pods up and store them by fastening the cords in place with the sliding clips (included).
The system includes surge protection and an on/off switch to stop your electronics from leaching power when not in use. A keyhole on the back allows you to fasten using nails, screws, or adhesive strips so that you can run the pods up the wall or ceiling.
Pod Power sells for US$34.99 and is taking pre-sale orders now, but there's no exact date on when production and shipping will begin, or whether it will be available outside the U.S.
Source: 7 Gadgets.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide