Pocket Tripod iPhone kickstand folds up to fit in a wallet
By Dave LeClair
May 30, 2013
The Pocket Tripod is an interesting new stand and tripod for iPhone users. Instead of being a bulky device that is hard to carry around, this one is able to fold up completely flat and fit inside of a wallet. Not only can it fold up into a tiny package, it can articulate into all kinds of positions, so it offers a lot of flexibility.
The tiny stand is only 2.3 mm thick, which makes it about the same depth of two standard credit cards stacked on top of each other. This means that it should fit easily inside of any wallet, so users can have it with them at all times.
As far as positioning goes, it can hold the iPhone in landscape and portrait mode. It can hold it at all different angles, so however a user wants to look at their screen, this tiny stand can accommodate. The piece that actually holds the iPhone in place is where the rotation occurs, and it can be moved to almost any conceivable position.
Geometrical Inc. is seeking funding for its Pocket Tripod on Kickstarter. Its funding phase has just begun, and it is currently at almost US$2,000 of its $45,000 goal. The minimum pledge required to grab a stand is $25.
The Kickstarter pitch below provides more information, and shows a visual demonstration of exactly how the Pocket Tripod works.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide