Get your Cob Cannon locked and loaded, because the sequel to cross-platform zombie defense oddity Plants vs. Zombies is due to launch in the first half of 2013, with "late Spring [Northern Hemisphere]" cited as the likely release window. While details on the game are still rather thin on the ground at present, Plants vs. Zombies creator PopCap Games teased that the title will feature "Hordes of New Plant and Zombie Types and Mulch More" – all of which should suffice to whet the appetite of horticultural zombie slayers.
Initially released for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X in 2009 before being ported to Steam, iOS, Android and Nintendo DS, Plants vs. Zombies tasks the player with using plant-based weaponry to defend a home from an onslaught of invading zombies intent on eating human brains. The game combines tongue-in-cheek humor with tower defense-style gameplay and a momentum which soon builds in speed to become frenetic.
"Spring is crullest curlie ungood time, and plantz grow dull roots," noted an unnamed, and presumably undead, spokesperson. "So, we are meating you for brainz at yore house. No worry to skedule schedlue plan ... we're freee anytime. We'll find you."
In addition to the video game, Plants vs. Zombies also recently lent its name to a line of official merchandise which includes toys, clothing, accessories and screenprints – all available now from the Plants vs. Zombies store.
Source: PopCap GamesShare
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide