Pluk basket gives the fruit bowl a lift
By Nick Lavars
March 18, 2014
Danish design firm Faco is offering a new take on the hanging fruit bowl with Pluk, a space-saving spherical basket that can be used to conveniently store apples, oranges, or anything else you can fit inside its frame.
Pluk's frame is made of two intercepting circles with sailboat-grade elastic woven in between. This allows fruit and vegetables to be held inside the basket and "plucked" whenever you're peckish. This might prove useful for those with limited counter space, and the company also claims that Pluk will keep fruit fresher for longer.
Having initially developed a metal version of Pluk, the company is now creating cheaper wooden and plastic models.
The wood is hand crafted, while the metal version is powder-coated making it dishwasher safe, and comes in either black or white. The plastic version, also dishwasher safe, is available in pink, red, blue, fuchsia, yellow back and white.
Currently the subject of a Kickstarter campaign, a pledge for a plastic Pluk costs £23 (about US$38), with shipping planned for June if all goes to plan. The metal version is currently available for €67.00.
You can hear from one of Pluk's creators, Nicolas Aagaard, in the Kickstarter pitch below.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide