Peugeot prepares its most powerful model ever for Goodwood
By C.C. Weiss
June 11, 2013
Moving from concept to reality, the Peugeot RCZ R is being readied for its official world debut at next month's Goodwood Festival of Speed. The new model adds a little kick to the RCZ sports car, delivering a package that the French automaker calls its most powerful street car ever.
Peugeot originally showed the RCZ R as a concept at last year's Paris Motor Show. Its matte black and copper paint scheme blended in with the attention-stealing Onyx concept and matching Onyx scooter. The production car uses the same 260-bhp 1.6-liter THP engine as the concept, giving the RCZ some extra juice to go with its distinct, double-bubble look.
Those 260 horses gallop across the pavement with the help of a Torsen limited slip differential and bespoke suspension configuration. The RCZ R also has a distinct set of wheels setting it apart from the standard RCZ.
Peugeot will move past the interesting but kitschy black-copper paint job in Goodwood, showing two red RCZ R production cars. The cars will appear on Peugeot's stand and participate in the driving festivities under the piloting of UK Peugeot 208 GTi Ambassador Bradley Philpot.
The RCZ R will hit the market later this year.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide