Supercharged Maserati GranCabrio tops 300 km/h
April 13, 2011
Looking to soup-up your supercar? The Maserati-dedicated arm of tuning specialists NOVITEC, a company best known for its Ferrari performance enhancements has turned its attention to the open-top Maserati GranCabrio. The result is a supercharged engine that puts out 590 hp / 434 kW, peak torque of 572 Nm and a top speed of 301 km/h (187 mph). Hold on to your hat!
The stock Maserati GranCabrio is of course no slouch. Its top speed is specced at 283 km/h (176 mph) with power output of 323 kW and a maximum torque of 490 Nm.
For the supercharged version, NOVITEC TRIDENTE has applied the same technology used in previous performance upgrades to the Maserati GranTurismo and Quattroporte – the 4.7-liter V8 engine is fitted with a "perfectly dimensioned" supercharger driven by a cogged-tooth belt and a water-to-air intercooler to keep engine temperatures in check.
The modifications extend to a custom intake manifold, larger injectors, re-mapping of the engine, three-piece wheels, hydraulically height-adjustable coilover suspension and the addition of clear-coated carbon fiber aerodynamic-enhancements.
A four-pipe stainless-steel exhaust system – which can incorporate a control flap to give the engine a sportier note when desired – can also be added to the package.
The engine conversion costs EUR19,900.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide