Nova Bluetooth flash for iPhone now available
By Ben Coxworth
June 11, 2014
Last September, we first heard about Nova – a wireless external flash designed for use with the iPhone. At the time, its creators were raising production funds on Kickstarter. As of today, however, it's available for purchase.
Nova incorporates 40 points of light behind a diffusing filter, as opposed to the iPhone's single-point undiffused flash. Perhaps more importantly, the Nova can be moved around to provide more flattering or artistic lighting than would be possible with a flash that's permanently located beside the camera lens.
The device is paired with the phone by Bluetooth, and can be stored in the credit card slot of a wallet when not in use. Using the free Nova app, users can set the flash to one of three color temperature-adjusted light settings: Soft, Warm, and Brilliant.
Nova is available via the link below, for US$60.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide