It's a bird, it's a plane, it's ... a music box?
April 27, 2013
Though it may bring to mind a Star Wars starfighter model, or perhaps a top-secret military jet concept, the futuristic-looking MusicMachine by Reuge and MB&F is in fact a fully-functional music box.
The spacecraft-like design of MusicMachine disguises the music box's inner workings: combs are made to look like vent grills, cylinders resemble twin reactors, and the mechanical winders are styled as propellers.
The main body is constructed from sound-amplifying lacquered walnut, and the unit measures 39 x 47 x 16 cm (15 x 18 x 6 inches). MusicMachine’s total weight comes in a shade under 3 kg (approximately 6.5 pounds).
Once fully-wound, MusicMachine produces 35 seconds-long extracts of six classic songs which are said to mesh with the non-conformist attitude that MB&F aspires to. These include themes from Star Wars and Star Trek, as well as Pink Floyd's Another Brick In The Wall, Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water, and John Lennon's Imagine.
MusicMachine is available in a limited edition of just 66 units: 33 pieces in white, and 33 in black. Price to be announced.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide