Who says a wallet can't also perform 11 other functions?
By Dave LeClair
March 20, 2013
The MULTI is a new wallet that aims to pack as many features as possible into a tiny package. To start with, it's a minimalistic wallet made with high-strength aluminum or titanium, depending on the model. However, it also offers a ton of other functions, most of which are things you would never expect to see in a wallet.
The creators of the MULTI list a total of 12 different functions, one of which is holding credit and debit cards as a wallet. It can also be used as a flat or Phillips head screwdriver, a nested wrench (in SAE or metric), a two-inch ruler, a bottle opener, a twist top opener, a wing nut wrench, a smartphone tablet stand, a can top popper, a box opener, and a keychain.
Using it as a smartphone or tablet stand will require a few steps. The middle piece keeps the tablet propped up, and the credit card on the inside sticks out to keep the tablet or smartphone in place while the device is in use.
Wilson Alvarez, the man behind the MULTI, is currently seeking funding for his do-it-all wallet on Kickstarter. The goal is only US$2,600, and pledges are already well over $1,500. It's available in two options, the first of which is the $40 aluminum model. The MULTI is also available in titanium, but it comes with a much higher price tag of $75.
The Kickstarter pitch below provides more information and shows the MULTI in action.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide