Lotus unveils soft top Exige S Roadster
March 9, 2012
Lotus unveiled its Exige S Roadster at the 2012 Geneva Motor Show this week, marking the sports car manufacturer's first Exige model with a soft top equipped straight out of the factory. Lotus claims that the "mesmerizing grunt" of the coupé is matched in this new Roadster. Very probably - it is equipped with the same supercharged 3.5-liter V6 of the regular Exige S.
You won't be at all surprised to hear, then, that the Exige S Roadster matches the Exige S in acceleration, hitting 60 mph from a standstill in a sprightly 3.8 seconds (and 0 - 100 km/h in 4 s). If you've got 8.5 seconds to spare you can get all the way to 100 mph (or 160 km/h).
The only other piece of the piece of the spec we have from the horse's mouth is that the Roadster packs a six-speed manual gearbox but will otherwise be available with the company's Serial Precision Shift paddle-operated manual-transmission so you can pretend to be a Formula 1 driver when switching gear.
Collectively that may not be a lot to go on, but there appears to be little mystery here. The Exige S Roadster is effectively an Exige S with some of the roof chopped off. And it looks rather well for the weightloss, as you'll see from the photos.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide