LG makes Pocket Photo 2.0 mobile printer more pocket-friendly
By Darren Quick
December 30, 2013
With CES 2014 now just a week away, LG continues to preview the products it will be showcasing in Las Vegas. After teasing new 21:9 monitors and a 105-inch curved UHD TV, the Korean electronics company has revealed an updated model of its Pocket Photo mobile printer will also be on display.
Like its predecessor, the new Pocket Photo 2.0 will feature NFC and Bluetooth for wireless connection to mobile devices and pump out 2 x 3 inch (5.1 x 7.6 cm) prints at 313 dpi using ZINK technology. However, it will shave 4 mm (0.16 in) off the 24 mm (0.94 in) thickness of the previous model and produce more pictures per charge.
The companion Pocket Photo app that is available for iOS and Android also features enhanced editing capabilities, with new filter effects and frames that allow users to edit pics without the need for a computer. The new app also retains the ability to embed QR codes within prints, allowing users to connect with online content via a physical photo.
The new Pocket Print 2.0 comes in pink, white and lime yellow color options and is already available in China ahead of a global rollout in 2014.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide