LG is making it easier for people to part with their cash from the comfort of their couches with the integration of PayPal into its Smart TV platform. The move is a first for a TV manufacturer and will allow viewers to purchase products, apps and games directly through the TV using the popular digital payment system.
Users can enter their details using a standard remote control keypad or by using LG’s Magic Remote to navigate the onscreen keyboard. Once entered, an opt-in “remember me” option saves the hassle of reentering the details every time a purchase is made.
The PayPal integration could see more developers embracing the Smart TV platform, with LG making a concerted effort to increase the number of titles on offer, including ones that take advantage of LG’s Dual Play technology.
PayPal is available now on LG’s 2013 Smart TV lineup in the U.S. Canada and the U.K., with those in France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Australia joining the payparty later this month and other markets to follow.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide