US release for LG's Curved OLED TV
By Paul Ridden
July 23, 2013
Since LG and Samsung both made world's first curved OLED TV debuts at CES back in January, the former has been leading the race to get units into the hands of consumers. Samsung took silver when it entered the South Korean market last month, and is playing second fiddle again as LG's 4.3 mm thin immersive big screen makes a break for US shores courtesy of Best Buy.
Launched in its home country in April, the sexily-named 55EA9800 includes the company's proprietary WRGB OLED technology, where a white sub-pixel joins the usual red, green and blue suspects for more vivid and realistic images. Meanwhile, LG's Color Refiner system helps bring a natural and vibrant feel to the proceedings.
The 54.6 diagonal inches of curved OLED display real estate is claimed to treat users to an optimum viewing experience, but LG doesn't expect you to take its word for it. The company is proudly boasting that its new TV is the first OLED model to be granted THX Display certification, having undergone over 600 THX lab tests to check for the kind of picture quality you might expect from a professional post-production display.
The 55EA9800 is available now from Best Buy for a suggested retail price of US$14,999.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide