LG confirms release of 15” OLED TV
By Paul Lester
January 6, 2010
There are few technologies more hotly anticipated in the TV/display market than OLED, but sadly we’re still a way off replacing our 50” plasmas with these wafer-thin low-power alternatives. Affordability is the main issue, and so far Sony has been one of few to have an early crack at the market with its US$2500 11” XEL-1.
Another contender, LG, has been touting its 15” ‘monster’ since last summer and following a set of specs and further details released in September , it has finally been launched, albeit only in Korea for the time being.
It’s only being called ‘OLED TV’ from what we can see, but will have a similar price point to Sony at US$2500, which considering the extra screen space seems fairly reasonable.
Check out the short video clip below to see OLED TV in the flesh.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide