Lenovo reveals 17.3-inch touchscreen gaming laptop
By Chris Wood
September 4, 2014
Lenovo has taken the wraps of its latest gaming laptop, known as the Y70 Touch. The machine is thin for the category and packs an expansive 17.3-inch touch screen. As with many gaming laptops, available configurations vary significantly, but the higher-end options offer a lot of portable power, providing your wallet can handle it.
Sporting a design that's a little less bold than some gaming laptops, Lenovo’s first 17.3-inch touchscreen model has a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 and some powerful graphics on board in the form of an Nvidia GTX-860M 4G DDR5 card.
The system will be available with a range of different specs, and can be configured up to an Intel Core i7 processor with 512 GB SSD storage. This being a gaming laptop, there’s also the usual bevy of extra goodies on board, including a backlit keyboard and JBL speakers.
At just 25.9 mm (1 in), it's not as thin as some gaming laptops we’ve seen in recent years, but its a lot thinner than most 17-inch systems.
The Y70 Touch will launch in September with prices starting at US$1,389.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide