LaCie DataShare SD and MicroSD Dual USB Card Reader
By David Greig
May 17, 2009
May 18, 2009 The clever creation of 5.5 designers, LaCie's latest data sharing offering is a twin-barreled USB Card reader designed to bring a new lease of life to old SD and MicroSD Cards.
The LaCie DataShare SD and MicroSD Dual USB Card Reader consists of two separate USB drives - one for personal data and one for shared data - which link together in a 2.76 x 1.38 x .51 inch package. Each side has a card slot for accessing data via USB at up to 480MB/s. LaCie also sees the higher transfer rates and more convenient form factor as an ideal way to re-use your old SD and microSD cards.
The Data share is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems, and is backward compatible with USB 1.1 - for those with older computers. The SD and microSD connectors are push-push and the Data/Share is compatible with Class 1 to 6 SDHC or microSDHC cards.
The USD$9.90 LaCie Data/Share is available through LaCie .
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide