Joby, creator of the bendy Gorillapod camera tripod, has announced a hands-free flashlight called the Gorillatorch. Consisting of an LED lamp unit mounted on a Joby flexible tripod, the Gorillatorch’s design lets you twist and bend the legs around to position the light just where you need it.
The Gorillatorch flexible tripod legs are each tipped with a magnetic foot for added mounting capability. In addition, the joints and feet feature grippy rubber for extra stability on most surfaces but won’t scratch paint, according to Joby.
The water-resistant lamp unit features an LED that can output up to 65 lumens, and a dimmer switch lets you set the brightness. The Gorillatorch runs on three AA batteries, which Joby says will provide 20 to 80 hours of light depending on the output level.
Gorillatorch is designed for camping trip, workshop use, or wherever you need portable, mountable lighting. Joby even suggests using it to illuminate your steaks at a nighttime barbeque (be careful!).
The Gorillatorch will be available in September for US$30. You can pre-order in now from the Joby website.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide