Mark your calendars, Apple fans. The company will reveal its first expansion of the iPad line on October 23, as the long-rumored iPad Mini is set to be revealed.
Apple likes to keep its product lines simple, but it apparently saw too great of an opportunity in the smaller tablet form factor. After Amazon and Google have had success there with the Kindle Fire and Nexus 7, Cupertino is apparently ready to strike. This requires ignoring Steve Jobs' old quote that a 7-inch tablet would require sandpaper to sand users' fingers down.
As always, Apple teased journalists on the invitation artwork, using the phrase "We've got a little more to show you." The "little" apparently refers to a smaller iPad, but perhaps it could also allude to other products.
In addition to the iPad Mini (or iPad Air?), we may also see a 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro, a refreshed Mac Mini, and a variation of the 3rd gen. iPad with a lightning connector.
While waiting, you can recap our advice on what to expect from the iPad Mini. You can also check back at Gizmag for analysis of everything Apple announces next week.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide