If you've ever lost your phone without having a backup of your contacts, you'll know what a painful experience it is. Enter IDrive Lite, a free service that allows you to backup the contacts on your phone into the cloud. Previously available for iPhone and BlackBerry, it's finally made its way to Android.
While Android already stores your contacts in Google's cloud, there's benefits to using IDrive Lite - support for multiple accounts, a nicer web interface to manage your contacts, the ability to selectively restore contacts, and import contact details from Facebook, and of course, for those of you who juggle multiple phones, support for iPhone and BlackBerry.
Unfortunately, IDrive Lite is only available for Android 2.0 and higher - which rules out a significant chunk of the Android userbase at this point in time - but you can't argue with the price.
Of course, this is assuming that the reason you aren't backing up right now is price rather than sloth.
For more information, or to download IDrive Lite, head over to www.idrive.com.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide