Hyundai to reveal Veloster, HCD-12 Curb Concept in Detroit
January 9, 2011
A last minute addition to our list of automotive-goodness to watch out for when the Detroit Motor Show kicks-off tomorrow – this time from Hyundai. The Korean automaker will rip the covers off its HCD-12 Curb Concept as well as presenting the world debut of its 2012 Veloster sports coupe, a vehicle that's immediately notable for it's three forward-hinged doors (two on the passenger side, one on the driver’s side).
Apart from these teaser pics, there is basically zero detail on the HCD-12 Curb concept vehicle ... but we have less than 24 hours to wait before all is revealed.
There is (slightly) more detail on what to expect from the Veloster. The vehicle first appeared as a (two-door) concept back in 2007 and it looks to have retained some of the styling – at least from the front.
Apart from the unusual door configuration, the pic so far released indicates a split rear glass hatch at the back. From the (very short) video below we also know that the Veloster will be powered by a direct-injection engine (expected to be a 1.6-litre four-cylinder) a married to a dual-clutch transmission. There's also a promise of Bluetooth connectivity and fuel economy is estimated at 40 mpg (5.88 liters/100 km).
Stay tuned for more throughout the week as we report from the floor of the North American International Auto Show.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide