Starting September 4th, AT&T customers will be able to purchase the new HTC Jetstream Tablet in stores and online. The device is AT&T's first 4G LTE/HSPA+ tablet, plus it's the first HTC tablet to use the Android 3.1 (Honeycomb) operating system.
The Jetstream utilizes a third-generation Snapdragon 1.5 GHz dual core processor, features a 1.3 MP front-facing camera and a 3 MP rear-facing camera, and is able to capture and play back 1080p HD video. It comes preloaded with apps such as Adobe Flash Player, AT&T Family Map, AT&T Navigator, HTC Watch, HTC Hub, Friendstream, and Android Market. Its 10.1-inch screen is well-suited to Android 3.1, which is designed for mobile devices with larger screens.
It can hold up to 32 GB of data on an aftermarket MicroSD card, although AT&T customers can also opt for a US$35/month 3 GB cloud storage option.
The tablet's complete specs are as follows:
- LTE (700/AWS)
- HSPA+/HSPA/UMTS (850/1900/2100 MHz)
- EDGE/GPRS (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
- Android 3.1 (Honeycomb)
- HTC Sense UX for tablets
- Display: 10.1" WXGA HD screen
- Processor: Third-generation Snapdragon 1.5GHz dual-core processor
- Camera: Front Facing 1.3 MP, Rear facing 8 MP and Dual LED Flash
- Battery: 7,300 mAh
- Expandable Memory: MicroSD up to 32 GB
- Dimensions: 7" (l) x 9.87" (w) x 51" (d)
- Weight: 25 ounces (709 g)
The HTC Jetstream will sell for US$699.99, which includes a two-year contract. An HTC Scribe digital pen will be thrown into the deal for a limited time.