Fancy a one nighter at Hotel VW California?
July 28, 2014
Those wishing to experience a night in a modern VW camper without the usual cost may be interested in the Hotel VW California. Sounding a bit like an Eagles song gone awry, it's actually a marketing stunt by Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (VWCV) and LateRooms.com that offers guests one night in a VW California SE camper van in a select UK location.
There are six California SE camper vans in all, each of which has a pop-up roof and sleeps up to four adults. The vans are outfitted with a kitchen area that includes fridge, burner cooker and sink with running water, in addition to beds, integrated LED lighting, Wi-Fi, air-conditioning, and central heating. An awning with table, chairs and barbecue equipment is also attached.
The first location chosen for the Hotel VW California was Temple Island, a small private island near Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, England. "Rooms" cost £35 (US$60) per night and all proceeds went to charity.
Booking for Temple Island has now closed but VWCV states that the Hotel VW California will be rolling out to other selected locations in the UK soon.
The promo video below shows Temple Island and the VW California SE vans in more detail.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide