Honda to show electric supersports RC-E motorcycle at Tokyo Motor Show
By Mike Hanlon
November 10, 2011
At long last, the world's largest and most influential motorcycle manufacturer appears to be getting serious about electric motorcycles, announcing it will be showing a supersports motorcycle concept at the Tokyo Motor Show next month.
Named the RC-E, the images released by Honda indicate a a super sports motorcycle designed solely for the "the joy of riding."
The brief press statement indicates that the machine is powerful, smooth and will only be the size of a 250cc-class machine. One wonders if Honda will pursue its time-honoured formula for capturing marketplaces - going racing - with the new EV.
I'll be in Tokyo for the show, and simply cannot wait for this one.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide