Real coffee around the campfire: Handpresso portable espresso maker
January 15, 2008
January 16, 2008 The expression "roughing it" can be a little off the mark these days given the availability of increasingly high-tech camping gear designed to merge the comforts of home with the experience of the great outdoors. One definite sore point among the coffee loving travelers at Gizmag is the need to revert to the instant variety when on the trail, but French "Nomadic Espresso" specialist Handpresso may have just the solution. The Handpresso Wild is a simple, lightweight espresso maker that works without electricity and promises quality coffee with a perfect crema anywhere you can find hot water.
The portable Handpresso Wild works by pumping the unit (like a bicycle pump) up to 16 bar pressure. Hot water is then added to the 50ml reservoir and an E.S.E. pod (Easy Serving Espresso - a sort of specially designed "coffee-bag") inserted before serving the coffee at the push of a button.
E.S.E. pods are an open standard made by more than a hundred coffee merchants so finding a brew to your liking shouldn't be too difficult.
Available in black at a price of 99,00 € (around USD$145), the Handpresso Wild should squeeze in with your travel gear at 22 x 10 x 7cm and weighing 476g.
Further info and a video demo is available at the Handpresso site.
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide