September 27, 2007 Honda Aircraft Company has released further details of the interior design concept for its forthcoming HondaJet. Expected to set a new standard for interior space and comfort, the focus will be on human fit, ergonomic efficiency and safety for the customer. Billed as the fastest and most fuel-efficient aircraft in its class, first deliveries of the US$3.65 million aircraft are expected in 2010.
HondaJet's new cockpit design is based on extensive study on the human factors of pilots and pays special attention to the layout. The production version of HondaJet will also incorporate an all-glass avionics package developed for HondaJet by Garmin®.
New external production colours being considered include Silver Metallic, Red, Green and Yellow.
Working with the FAA, Honda Aircraft Company anticipates its first test flight of a conforming model in early 2009, with the overall timetable calling for the on schedule achievement of type certification in 2010. Over 100 individual customer orders with deposits for the $3.65 million HondaJet were reported during the NBAA convention in Orlando, Florida.
The fuel-efficient aircraft, which features a distinctive with over-the-wing engine design, will have a cruise speed of 420 knots and a range of 1180 nautical miles.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide