Volkswagen Crafter to be unveiled later this month
By Mike Hanlon
April 7, 2006
April 8, 2006 The Commercial Vehicle Show 2006 to be held at Birmingham’s National Exhibition Centre (UK) from 25 to 27 April will see the worldwide public debut of Volkswagen’s latest model, the Crafter. Replacing the Volkswagen LT, the Crafter will be the biggest van in the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles’ range and its arrival, in September this year, completes the renewal of Volkswagen’s van line-up.
The Volkswagen Crafter comes with a choice of four five-cylinder engines, delivering 88, 109, 136 PS or 163 PS. Each offers the twin benefits of fuel efficiency and low emissions. A six-speed manual gearbox is fitted as standard, although an automated manual transmission will be optional.
The cabin is ergonomically designed for comfortable and safe driving. Features include a dash-mounted gear leaver, excellent storage space and a driver’s airbag fitted as standard.
The three wheelbases, four load compartment lengths and three roof heights highlight the Crafter’s versatility, which is further enhanced by its availability as a panel van, chassis cab and double cab van. The Crafter has a maximum load capacity of 17 cubic metres, allowing the five tonne panel van to carry a weight of approximately 2,670 kg.
The Commercial Vehicle Show runs from 25 to 27 April at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide