The United States anti-war lobby has unveiled an anti-war billboard in the most prominent intersection in America - New York's Times Square.
The billboard features a constantly updated clock counting the cost of the Iraq war.
The clock started at $134.5 billion and is increasing at a rate of $177 million per day, $7.4 million per hour and $122,820 per minute.
The unveiling coincides with the release of a new analysis of the cost of the Iraq war, detailing how the $144.4 billion earmarked for Iraq might have funded multiple projects to make American safer at home and stronger abroad.
In terms of a simple effective mechanism for highlighting an issue, we think this is an outstanding success.Share
- Around The Home
- Digital Cameras
- Good Thinking
- Health and Wellbeing
- Holiday Destinations
- Home Entertainment
- Inventors and Remarkable People
- Mobile Technology
- Urban Transport
- Wearable Electronics
- 2014 Action Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartwatch Comparison Guide
- 2014 Windows 2-in-1 Comparison Guide
- 2014 Smartphone Comparison Guide
- 2014 Full Frame DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Tablet Comparison Guide
- 2014 Superzoom Camera Comparison Guide
- 2014 iPad Comparison Guide
- 2014 Entry-Level to Enthusiast DSLR Comparison Guide
- 2014 Small Compact Camera Comparison Guide